Why Become a Member of ASM?
When you join ASM, you connect with industry leaders who can help you build your business. We offer education, information and resources that can make you more competitive in the marketplace — and we give you a voice on the issues that affect your business success.
Click here to join online, and let the benefits to you and your business start immediately!
- Be part of a network of hundreds of leading subcontractors, suppliers and service providers.
- Meet successful professionals from every trade – and potential business partners.
- Connect with general contractors motivated to meet high-quality subcontractors, at special events.
- Benefit from collective action on Beacon Hill, and get results you can't get on your own – like our 2014 victory on 5% retainage legislation!
- Make your voice heard on Beacon Hill; help pass legislation to preserve your lien rights, and stop indemnity risk-shifting.
- Through ASM, have a seat at the table at meetings with the attorney general and other state regulators on issues that affect your business.
- Get listed in our free online Member Directory, used by GCs and others seeking reliable business partners.
- Show yourself as a leader through active participation in ASM and our industry initiatives.
- Build name recognition through sponsorships and advertising, and submissions to The Professional Contractor magazine (circulation 7,000+)
KNOWLEDGE & INFORMATION
PROFESSIONAL / “LEGAL” RESOURCES
- Learn important best practices at our seminars on payment, contracts, insurance, cash flow, financing, technology, and more.
- Find out how to keep your workers safe, and insurance costs low at our free, members-only Safety Roundtables.
- Stay informed on important construction industry news, developments and opportunities through our members-only newsletters, The Professional Contractor magazine, and time-sensitive alerts.
- Construction Hotline
Construction questions are referred to John M. Curran, Esq. at the law firm of Corwin & Corwin LLP, which has served as legal counsel to ASM for more than 65 years.
Employment questions are referred to David B. Wilson, Esq. and Catherine E. Reuben,Esq., at the law firm of Hirsch Roberts Weinstein, LLP.
Insurance questions are referred to David M. O’Connor, Esq. at the law firm of O’Connor & Associates, LLC.
Please note: these attorneys are NOT providing legal advice via the ASM Professional Hotline, but can help you with basic questions and to determine if you need to hire a lawyer.
- Learn how to get paid for your work, using ASM's free payment forms and guides to Massachusetts' payment laws (Mechanics Lien Law; Prompt Pay Law; and Retainage Law).
- Receive a 20% member discount on your purchase of ConsensusDocs, a complete suite of model contract documents that fairly balance the interests of all parties and are written by more than 40 industry associations. Please Login to the Members Only Section for details.
- Gain access to the Acadia Insurance CGL Insurance program - only for ASM members - which has returned $5 million in dividends to policy holders since 2003!
- General Motors and McLaughlin Chevrolet
Whether you’re a small business with 1-14 units or a commercial fleet with 15+ units ASM Members receive generous discounts, incentives and benefits. Contact Dan Adams at 781-447-0617.
- 30% discount on webinars and live seminars on construction topics from LORMAN Education Services.
- Save on shipping, office supplies, computer equipment, conference calls and more through our NSA / Meridian One Program.
- Free one-hour marketing and/or website review and consultation, and 50% savings on your first month’s managed services from Growth Steps, a MA-based company specializing in digital marketing.
- 40% discount on Paychex payroll services for new customers or existing customer upgrades. You must contact Brendan Lucas (firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-507-1526) before purchasing to access this member benefit savings.
- Furnished Quarters offers ASM Members a 10% discount on more than 100,000 temporary furnished apartments in 800 cities worldwide. Contact Tracey Taverna at 617-236-4908 x1004 or email@example.com to book. Visit www.furnishedquarters.com to see available properties.
- Klarity FinancialTM Offers a 15% Discount to ASM Members off an initial exit plan for business owners or 15% off for a personal financial plan. Contact Kimberly today at 617-733-4441 or Kimberly@KlarityFinancial.com.
- Top Construction Jobs Offers a 20% Discount to ASM Members For more information, please contact Steve MacDonald at Top Construction Jobs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (480)258-4650.
- Survipod Offers an Exclusive Free Trial and a 10% Discount for ASM members.
- Construct Secure Offers a 30 day free trial and 10% discount to ASM members that decide to use CS Inspect (pricing will vary depending on the type/size of organization/users and other factors from $6,000 per year up to $25,000 per year and 10% discount will be applied).
- Get a variety of discounts from ASM's Associate Members on professional services, supplies and equipment, detailed in our annual Associate Member Directory and Buyers' Guide.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS GROUP
- Helps early-career constructional professionals (ages 18-39) cultivate industry contacts with other subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Gain insights from industry leaders at our educational events.
- Become eligible for educational & training grants through ASM's Young Professionals Leadership Development Fund.
Let us help build your business.
Click Here to Download an Application and Join ASM Today!